Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Salty treats and tea salons



Le Sévigné
So the first time I walked by this charming resto in the Marais, the tartes salées on display in the vitrines caught my eye, particularly the spinach one that was two inches high with a MASSIVE slice of melted goat cheese on top. I had to try it.

So I came here with my parents on a sunny sunday afternoon, sat on the terrasse which gives out onto the quiet street next to a children's playground and ordered some wine and the spinach tarte. The pie was simple and hearty just as I had hoped it would be. And so my obsession with tartes salées began.


Salons de thé (tea shops) are some of my favorite places in Paris and I can't help but order these salty treats instead of pastries. I'm just not that into sweets. Except for fleur d'orangers macarons. Those are awesome.

Here are some of my favorite tea shops/places to eat tartes salées.


Mamie Gateaux (6e)
On rue du cherche-midi. I like this street. It's quiet and pretty and a little bit fancy. The tea shop is the same. Elegant but friendly and the tartes here are more delicate and refined. Sooooo delicious. Renata's favorite.



La fourmi (9e)
Not actually a tea salon, more like a bar. Always packed and at night there are tons of cool kids smoking on the sidewalks but surprisingly the tartes salées here were really good!! Did not expect that at all. Love coming here with Eliza.



Le loir sur la théiere(3e)
Super crowded, line-ups all the time. Lots of different variety and also quite good but they run out fast. Bric a brac furniture setup makes for a laidback, quirky atmosphere. This is where I go with Daniel.


That's it for now
More to come!!
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment